Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Dream

The reason I've been putting this post off even though I have had it brewing in my mind for far too long now is that I think I was afraid of the implications of what I was saying. Beyond that, the implications behind those implications.

With regards to the title of this post, I have many dreams. Dreams of grandeur, prosperity, happiness, a life where I will be surrounded by loved ones. Beg your pardon for being sappy and idealistic. However, there is one that is not only the first, but currently, is the strongest force within the repository of my psyche. It nags at my processes, sometimes disturbing my thoughts. That is the one to build a home.

Now, many people live in houses, in condominiums, apartments, townhouses, cabins, ships, and the like. However, even those with a hovel to return to might not have a home to return to.  You see, dear reader, a house is a building, created with bricks, wood and mortar. A home is a place where one can return to for a brief respite from the world. A place where family gathers and happiness is born. 

Now, contrary to popular belief, these things are mutrally exclusive, that is to say, they can exist apart from each other. Many dwellings exist in this world, where one does not come home to the warmth of a family, but the cold that loneliness is. Some may not have a house, but they are very much at home, with those that are dearest to them. 

More later on, when the time comes...
-Gabe

No comments: