Saturday, November 29, 2008

Examinations

Ah, the bane of my existance, woe of my eternal soul. Of what do I speak? Of the undeniable effect exams have on both my schedule and my confort zone. Even worse, with me in college and having new courses every semester, things go even further out of the bounds of familiarity.

But enough of these heavy matters! Let us now turn to more heartening things. The past semester here has been mighty fun, I must say. College is, in a word, different. However, it is different in a good way, a way that both sets challanges before me and is kinder than its younger, Malaysian counterpart, the Malaysian school system, or as so labeled by yours truly, the Ministry of Shit-flinging Imbecilles (MSFI).

The past semester I have taken four courses, namely Chemistry, Pre-Calculus, Academic Writing (English), and Basic Japanese. Of the four, Academic Writing is the hardest, and the rest are fine. Academic Writing is also the only University level course I'm currently taking; hence, any judgement on the difficulty of the courses may or may not be biased.

So, as time goes on, I draw closer to my exams. I have probably close to no doubts about my Chemistry and Japanese courses right now. Math is not very challenging, which is probably why I'm slacking in that respect. English, there is no written test, but a final argument paper to hand in. Research, writing and printing are all done unsupervised, but there is a deadline to be kept. This is perhaps the one paper I am fretting over. Not concerned about the others, because procrastination does not affect those courses (as much). As some of you may know, I have a saying: "Why leave to tomorrow, what can be done the day after." With that philospohy in mind, you can easily see why this might be a problem. Research and writing of the essay must be done over time, not simply scribbled over a short period of time. This plays on my greatest weakness: laziness.

Okay, so I've done fairly well in the past semester. This final exam will decided my GPA outta the gates. This is what will show my progress. All hopes rest on this.

May the stars guide you
-Gabe

No comments: