Saturday, November 22, 2008

It burns....

Okay, to some of you who know me, you know I am an avid gamer. Some of you may say: "Huh? Whazzat mean?" It means you can group me with those crazy kids in Korea that die after playing too much Starcraft and those parents who played so much their kids die.

To those of you who know me better, you know that I play a very famous MMORPG (That's Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) named World of Warcraft. I have been for two years now. Had a slight hiatus with it last year, due to my SPM (I needn't translate this acryonym; those of you who know it already don't need it, and those who don't know it don't need to know) results, or rather, lack of. Yes, this game consumed so much of my time that my grades were slipping. I have an IQ of roughly 130, means I'm gifted, but I was scoring low-averagely. When it came down to it, I knew I had to take a break.

With those exams and National Service out of the way, I thought that I could restart the experience. Then, I had to go to Canada to further my studies. Once here, I discovered that my uncle, whose house I live in, has no Internet connection. Imagine my joy.

Recently, he has bought high-speed Internet. I rejoiced. I thought: "Finally! It's back to WoW(that's World of Warcraft)!" Hence, I bought the newest expansion pack, Wrath of the Lich King. 

However, being in college, and remembering the side effects of WoW, I wisely (read:painfully) put the game aside, into a drawer. However, a few friends of mine and my brother are currently playing, leaving me in the proverbial dust.

How I wish I could start playing now. Every time I talk to them about it or hear news, something inside just beings to burn like a million suns. I then take out the box from my drawers, take a nice, long whiff, and think about a 4.00 GPA.

Have Mercy
-Gabe

No comments: